The suicide bombings outside the Iranian Embassy in Beirut were carefully orchestrated and Tehran’s mission in Lebanon will remain in danger of future attacks, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah told an Iranian official last week, reported Al-Akhbar newspaper Monday.
“The targeting of the Iranian embassy was very carefully planned," the daily quoted the Hezbollah chief as saying during a recent meeting with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian.
“The plotters know the embassy building brick by brick," he added, according to the daily.
Nasrallah met Amir-Abdollahian, in the presence of Iran’s Ambassador to Lebanon Ghazanfar Ruknabadi, Thursday, two days after the deadly attack on Iran’s Embassy in the Beirut neighborhood of Bir Hasan.
Nasrallah was quoted as telling Amir-Abdollahian that Ruknabadi and Iran’s Charge D'affaires Mohammad al-Fadli, the latter serving as a diplomat for years in Bahrain, were the targets of the attack that killed at least 29 people and wounded 150 others.
He said noted that the type of explosives used in the Nov. 19 attack was “new,” aimed at causing extensive damage, and unlike recent car bombings in the southern suburbs of Beirut which the Hezbollah chief said aimed at causing heavy loss of life.
Nasrallah also warned that Iran’s embassy would remain a target for future attacks.
"The bombing did indeed take place but they failed to reach their goals and they [plotters] will keep trying until they achieve those goals," he added.
“The [Iranian] embassy will remain a target for other [attacks],” the Hezbollah head warned.
Nasrallah described the current phase in Lebanon as “a difficult stage that we must overcome.”